tisdag 26 februari 2008

Crusing

I went to an area called Insadong today with Young Un. The snow was still on the ground, making walking a bit dangerous. But the sun was shining and that made it all alright.

The area is famous for its art and craft. It is cramed with small stores and galleries, mostly selling korean traditional stuff. So many beautiful things. I think will have to invest in a tea set...

We also saw a guy making rice cakes the traditional way which seems to mean that you beat the crap out of the rice dough with a large wooden hammar. It was great fun and it is an area I will definitly go back to when the weather improves.

I have at last unpacked the last of my things so now I have officialy moved in. I also talked to the manager of the place were I live. His english is better than my korean so communication will be possiable. At this place you get free noodles, eggs and kimchi. All I need, I even figured out how to turn on the stove...

I always thought that the Sun salutation was the ultimate workout because you can do it anywere. Well, my room is too small for it...that is how small it is. On the other hand it has floor heating, one of the great korean traditions!!!! There is a huge fitness center called Jamaica (?) fitness close by, will try to check it out some day.

Inga kommentarer: