torsdag 3 april 2008

Pansori!

We had a Pansori performance in our Korean Literature class. Pansori is often called a korean one man opera. But it is so much more, and so much better. We had two young women, one improvises on the drum, the other one dramatized a famous story, singing all the different characters. I had beforehand been afraid that it would be boring. It was not. It was fantastic. Faboulous. And gourgous. Youtube does not do it justice. In person it was overwelming. The vocal quality changed for each character. She also told us afterwards that she need to sing at least two hours a day to properly roughen up her vocal chords. She only did part of a famous story, since the full one takes 4 hours... Loved it! I have to find an other performence!
I am moving this sunday to Hongdae, the artsy student area. And I am also trying to solve AND understand my microeconomics homework. It has a lot of graphs in it which is ok. But you also have to draw your own. I always thought that economics was very hands on, but it turns out to be freakishly abstract at times. It is intresting because it is difficult and new, but it is sometimes a bit far away from reality. In a quote from West Wing ' Economists were put on this planat to make astrolegers look good'. This might be my frustretion speaking. Good thing we got a great teacher, because it is gonna take a saint with a degree to explain this to me.
Next week is general election here. This means that there is a lot of trucks with speakers driving around, playing snippets of music and blasting out that their candidate is a true son( seldom daughter) of someplace. They do not seem to belive in having a messege or a mission, or even an opinion. I hope it will not get worse than this, but I am afraid it will escalate until wednsday.
ps. I am really sorry that the spelling is so...bad. I can not get the spellcheck to work.

Inga kommentarer: