måndag 31 mars 2008

Tokyo Delight




Me and Ida shopping...

This is from Ueno park close to Idas and Tadas apartment




I just got back from 5 days in Tokyo. So wonderfull, fantastic and super to see Ida again. After an hour it was as if we never been apart.
And Tokyo, oh my! It was both as I expected and not. Definitly have to go there again, and again and again.
Mostly Ida and I have been Bad Tourists. As usual. Had a great time though, and ate some great food, saw many things and bought some
I managed to hit Sakura, cherryblossom, spot on! Pictures don't do it justice. Other than that my favorite was the saturday walk in the huge park surrounding the Meji shrine. Not crowded at all!!
As for being an expensive and crowded city...they can not have been to Stockholm and Seoul is just as, if not more crowded.
Their subway system, and I use the word system losely here, is huge. HUGE. And run by different companies. It makes mazes seem simple. On the plus side, they are on time and clean.
The food, as I had mentioned is more varied than in Korea, since they import much more. Western food is quite cheap and tasty.
All in all, landing again in Seoul was depressing. Not only no Ida, but also no green. As much as I love Seoul, it is an ugly city.