lördag 1 mars 2008

Crafts market

Today Andreas, Cecilia and I went to the area og Hongik university. It is the art and design university of Seoul so the area around it is supposed to be a bit more ecclectic. We did spot a guy in dreads, and several more hip hopers than usual but that was about it. We did however manage to catch the craft market that the students put up every other saturday. A lot of small tables filled with their own stuff. Mostly jewlery but also cool tshirts and handpainted converse! I picked up a cool pair of earings with sculls and roses on them for about 6000 won (50 kr, 9$). It is a nice area to stroll around in though next time I will NOT be sporting 7 cm heels... Like the rest of Seoul, Hongdae is anything but flat. I am a bit worried though. If this is Seoul at its most alternative I think I will go crazy by the end of the year.
This night I was supposed to go drinking with the exchange students and our SNU buddies. I could not find a map online though that covers this area that I live in... So after wandering around aimlessly for 45 min I decided to go home. Well at home I thought I reward my hard work with a phoncall home. Skype sucked so badly though, that my moms voice came out like a marsian...
Other than that it has been a great day, with great weather, great food and most of all great people. Even dared to ask for several things in korean...

Inga kommentarer: