måndag 3 mars 2008

First schoolday

My sence of humor abandoned me around 6 pm on my first schoolday. I was really tired after already have attended three classes, and knowing that I had 3 h of korean left... Fortunatly the preceding classes were intresting and the professors great.
I started my day with Intro. to political science were half the class told the professor straight out that they were mostly there to improve their english... He was understandingly a bit miffed. But there is no exams in this class, just classroom preformence and a weekly essay!
The second class was Principles of Microeconomics that was so packed that people were standingup in the back. I took this as a good sign and was not disapointed. The professor was funny, smart and knew how to deliver information in an intresting way. He seems pretty tough and expect alot but at the same time he really wants us to learn. Both classes I attended with Gustav, a law student from Stockholm University. It was nice to have someone to talk to in a secret language!
The third class was Korean literature. It was a small class of almost exclusivly international students, were Dann and I met a new swedish guy from Uppsala University. The professor seems to enjoy a good argument, and I find myself looking forward to the next class.
All in all I am really happy with my teachers. I had heard so much about how strict Korean teachers are, I don't know if I got lucky, but mine have a good sence of humor and a great willingness to teach.
However, at 6 pm I was tired, hungry and had overdosed on coffee ( I've started taking an extra shot of expresso in my Latte just to get rid of the sweetness). I wanted to go home. Of course I was not on the list for my class, but the teacher told me were to go. Well in the class I met a nice guy from Vancouver (whom I quized about living conditions there). I was mostly afraid since this was the highest level of the evening classes, that I would not understand. The teacher was super though. She spoke almost only in korean, but very clearly and with a lot of bodylanguage and laughter. I am the only girl in a class of about 10. It went well. We covered grammar that I had done before but forgotten. All in all it was a relif. I got home at 10 pm, knackerd, starving but happy. My studentlife in korea has taken of to a great start!
Today, tuesday, I have no classes. A germen girl that I was talking to alot during orientation has moved in two rooms away! And I met two korean girls in the kitchen, and both spoke pretty good english ( alot better than my korean) It turns out one of them lives in the room next to me and is training to be a korean teacher for foreginers at the same place were I take korean!!! If my korean does not improve it will be totally my fault!

Inga kommentarer: